Broadcast Engineer – Ipswich
Grant Broadcasters has a position available for a full-time Broadcast Engineer to join our Engineering team to be based in South East Queensland.
Responsibilities will include:-
- Broadcast Engineering operations of River949 Ipswich (primary) and Hot Tomato Gold Coast (shared)
- Project work including Transmitter site and Studio rebuilds
- Repairs and maintenance of studio broadcast equipment, broadcast transmitters and associated equipment.
- Being on 24hr call for emergency fault diagnosis and repair, and remote technical support.
The successful applicant will have a majority of the following:-
- A knowledge of the operational characteristics and maintenance requirements of a range of studio and broadcast transmission equipment.
- Practical experience and proficiency in electronic component level repair, RF transmission, audio and computer systems.
- The ability to quickly analyze and perform fault diagnosis.
- An understanding of broadcast systems circuitry, design, and/or installation.
- Some familiarity with high-powered RF transmitters.
The person who will be considered will be:-
- Skilled in organizing resources, establishing priorities and working with minimal supervision.
- A self motivated, enthusiastic and energetic person ready to engage a challenging and responsible position.
- Have good communications and people skills with a primary focus on attention to detail.
- Consistently deliver a high quality of work and maintain a neat and tidy work environment.
- A willingness to occasionally travel and work in other locations for a few days.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to enter or further their career in Broadcast Engineering. An attractive package will be offered to the successful applicant based on experience and ability.
For more information contact John Sandles, Group Engineering Manager, Grant Broadcasters – [email protected]