Due to a family move, 5MU & PowerFM Murray Bridge are on the hunt to fill some rather large shoes.
We need a qualified, experienced radio journalist to create accurate, informative and engaging local news, on-air and online.
The successful candidate will also present SA Today, the interview-based show on 5MU.
About the Role
- You understand the importance of local news to a large regional market
- Know how to connect to the community
- Enjoy building relationships with people across diverse backgrounds
- Will continue to build on a reliable database of local contacts
- Are comfortable presenting on-air and have strong interviewing skills with an ear for finding interesting angles on topics
- Experience with NewsBoss would be an advantage
- You will also be responsible for online and social media posting
You will need a thorough understanding of the CRA Codes, defamation law, have strong editorial skills and be able to exercise reliable judgement.
If you think you’re up for the challenge and would like to be part of the Murray Bridge team, then send your CV and most recent aircheck to the Station Manager, Stephen Walker. [email protected]
Applications close Friday November 16, 2018.
5MU & PowerFM are part of Grant Broadcasters, dedicated to quality local content and furthering your career within our family owned network.