Grant Broadcasters is looking for an experienced media executive wanting to progress their career in one of Australia’s most beautiful Regional Cities. Cairns is abuzz with excitement, opportunity and a highly enviable lifestyle.
Star 102.7 and 4CA are part of the Grant Broadcasters group and in one of Queensland most competitive markets in Radio.
We are seeking a well-rounded General Manager who is competitive, creative, commercially astute and who has highly developed people and communication skills. As the business leader with full P&L responsibility, you must have the capacity to plan, develop and execute accountable operating structures and inspire creative thinking that creates breakthrough results.
Specifically, we are looking for our new General Manager to possess the following skills and attributes:
- Strong revenue generation ability and sales team management
- An understanding of the local market and the value of localism
- Highly developed sales leadership skills built on years of experience and success with a track record of managerial success
- Persuasive oral, presentation and writing skills necessary to win business
- Developed planning, tracking and analytical skills capable of understanding commercial metrics and financial reporting
- Contemporary people management skills to connect with, motivate and lead all members of our highly committed and skilled team
- Being a team player as well as a team leader, with a high ethical standard
- Media experience is preferred. Ideally, you will have 3 – 5 years of experience as a General Manager.
An attractive base salary will be offered to the right candidate in addition to a generous incentive scheme.
Applications close 30th June 2021 or as soon as we find the right person.
Send your application to Matt Chapman QLD & NT State Manager for Grant Broadcasters via email [email protected], or apply below.