7HOFM is looking for an experienced journalist to join our on-air team. This role will be responsible for sourcing, researching, creating and presenting news for local and state-wide markets, on-air and online.
You’ll be based in fast-growing cosmopolitan Hobart; long recognised as an arts, cultural and tourism hub that is close to national parks and all Tasmania has to offer.
You will deliver news bulletins and contribute content to our radio announcers. You will be responsible for sourcing, researching, creating and presenting relevant news stories for our markets, on air and online.
The person we are looking for will have an active interest in local affairs and be able to develop a network of contacts.
The ideal candidate is a graded journalist with a positive attitude.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Sourcing, researching and preparing news stories
- Interviewing, recording and editing grabs for broadcast
- Writing and presenting half hourly local bulletins, headlines and reports to air
- Being confident in delivering both live and pre-recorded bulletins and talk breaks
- Developing and maintaining close external and internal working relationships
- Being able to make sound editorial decisions on story angles with our demographic in mind
- Proven experience covering court, local government and crime stories
- A minimum of one year experience in broadcast media
- Excellent presentation, communication and written skills
- Be able to adapt writing and presentation style in line with market needs
- The ability to work to precise deadlines
- Have a deep understanding of media law guidelines and industry codes of conduct
Please send your resume, a cover letter and MP3 demo to:
Applications close COB 20 June 2021*
* Unless position filled beforehand